Student Academic Support at EMS
Morning Academic Student Help (MASH) and Student After School Help (SASH) are offered before and after school Monday through Thursday. A teacher is available for homework help each session. This is an excellent opportunity to receive individual support on class work.
MASH and SASH are held in the Library Media and Technology Center. MASH is from 7:30 to 8:15. Students are to enter the building through the front doors. Students may be excused to go to breakfast at 7:45 and must remain in the cafeteria until 8:15. SASH starts at 3:40 and goes until 4:25. A student may be excused earlier than 4:25 if a parent comes in to SASH and signs the student out.
- Come prepared to work
- Have a pass (SASH) if you are late
- NOTa social hour
- Work on homework, missing assignments, projects, reading
- Sign in and out
- Ask permission to go to your locker, bathroom, etc.
- Computers and a printer is available for school work
- Appropriate student behavior or parents may be contacted to pick up students early
- Some educational games are available, once a student has shown the teacher on duty that he/she has no missing assignments